Monday 30 March 2015

Back in the Saddle

I haven't been down to a Monday night session at my running club for the past ten weeks, mainly because of my other hobby, so I was looking forward to tonight and a good catch up. It is slightly odd  making friends through running, after all the conversation tends to dry up after the first few miles when the effort kicks in!


Sadly the weather put paid to my reunion plans as there wasn't a particularly big turnout and none of my usual crew put in an appearance. Thankfully, just as I was contemplating a lonely run around the Harborne Hills, Jon Hammond made a late appearance giving me someone to run with.



The run itself was just what I needed, nice and steady at around 8 minute a mile pace giving me a good recovery after the weekend. I even managed to put a slight kick on for the last mile and passed a few others from the club. Most importantly I felt good afterwards and ready for a harder workout tomorrow. All is good.



Although I'm not sure about the new flowerbeds outside the Pavillion - an accident waiting to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment