Wednesday 24 June 2015

"A tide in the affairs of man..."

Week 10 - 58 Days to Go

A couple of days off from my weekend exertions so now back into training with abundance. Yesterday was the seemingly simple matter of an eight-ish mile recovery run. Unfortunately, the practicalities of running in warm weather when a bit ginger haunted me in abundance and it was a hard old slog - although bizarrely checking afterwards appeared to be almost exactly the same time as  the last occasion I ran the particular route. Strange indeed.

Today was tempered by the double whammy of a washing machine diagnosed as broken beyond repair and confirmation of changes at work. How this will affect me I am yet to find out, except that it will almost certainly hamper my ability to do my job. Roll on the end of the Masters course when I can hopefully secure alternative employment...

I tried to take my mind off things with the run - supposedly nine miles with 6 x 800m reps in the middle. Thanks to my woeful judging of distances, the choice of doing it on what passes for the track of Rowheath meant that by the time I got back I'd actually done about 10 and a half miles. Oops. 

On the plus side, the reps were consistently paced and no-one was about when I did them to laugh at me!

Rest Day tomorrow. I'm in two minds whether to head to the club or simply gym it. Variety is the spice of life after all...


No comments:

Post a Comment