Monday 29 June 2015

Running Whilst Ginger

53 Days to Go

A pretty uneventful rest of week running wise, I needed the period of recovery after recent efforts and it seems that most of the runs were roughly the same pace - which either means that I'm not overtraining or I've become defiantly one paced. Time will tell...

The biggest difficulty this week was the delayed onset of summer and the warm weather. For a ginger person like myself, it's never pleasant and even worse when exercising. The sweat begins to pour off me almost as soon as I leave the house so carrying bottles will probably be the order of the day from now on. I might even scare the neighbours by switching to a vest for my runs out.

A quick swap of the schedules for this week thanks to juggling work and tune-up races. According to 'The Plan', the first of two tune-up Half Marathons should be in two weeks however due to having to work that weekend I've instead opted for that old perennial the Birmingham Black Country Half Marathon this Saturday. I've therefore switched two weeks of the schedule - giving me a mini taper prior to the race. 

On one hand, the fact it's down the canal and therefore pretty flat in a similar way to Reykjavik means that it should be good practice. On the other hand, if the warm continues as anticipated then it could be less a race and more a war of attrition!

No comments:

Post a Comment