Wednesday 17 June 2015

Rest and Recuperation

Quite an easy week so far - not in terms of the running, where I've been maintaining some high mileage - thanks to having a week off work. Thanks to my Masters course, this is probably the first bit of leave I've had in about eight months whenI haven't had essays or required reading to occupy my  time. I must admit to feeling slightly bereft waking up on Monday morning without any required tasks. Bereft, but not exactly unpleasant!

Running wise, it's been pretty straightforward. The free time has allowed me to follow 'The Plan' to the letter - which involved the usual Monday gym session before Tuesday's recovery run was split into two separate sessions in the morning and afternoon. It felt alright doing it, but I'm not exactly sure of the benefit. I guess time will tell...

Today I managed just shy of 14 miles, on the good old Rea Valley route. It was a hard slog due to the muggy conditions which are of course one of the hazards of marathon training through the summer. Still, made it round at a consistent pace.

Tomorrow is a nice easy day, helping out with the marshalling of the club beginner's course final race,  and then the social evening (if I remember to take some cash!). All of course just the warm-up for Friday's main event, the Blakedown Bolt - my favourite race of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment