Tuesday 12 May 2015

First Day Back

Week Four - 101 Days to Go

Just a quick entry tonight, I have been woefully neglecting reading for the solitary Uni exam in a few weeks, instead I've spend the night aimlessly browsing the internet and posting unnecessarily vague announcements on Facebook.

The rest over the weekend appeared to have done the trick, the nine miles this evening felt alright (apart from the first couple obviously) and I finished it off with some 100m strides along the old Cannon Hill gravel pitch - much to the amusement of a group of rude boys and a bemused father playing cricket with his kids. Humiliation is part and parcel of running, probably due to the ill advised lycra.

Checking good old Strava afterwards I noticed it was at a quicker pace than last week, even with the extra mile, so quite pleasing. The real test will come tomorrow with the big run back from work. 'The Plan' calls for 14 miles. I think it's doable, but with the mileage increasing steadily, and with the prospect of the longest run so far pencilled in for Sunday, I feel this week will either make or break me. 

Fingers crossed. See you on the other side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment