Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Hump of the Week

Halfway through week three of 'The Plan' and two longish runs in the bag - although it was particularly poor planning on my part that tonight's 13 mile effort coincided with my having to work until 6 o'clock...

The day started with us being graced with a visit from the newest member of the Senior Leadership Team. Management Bingo full house was declared when she vowed to spend a significant amount of time with us (translation: "I will only be here to deliver bad news or when one or all of you drop in the shit" - which on current form will likely be quite soon). After that it was knuckling down to the usual spreadsheets and things.

The run home was surprisingly pleasant, with the gale force winds having subsided and just cloudy grey skies overhead. I do have a sneaking suspicion that the weather in Reykjavik this August will be quite similar.

I managed to keep a nice steady pace, although the last few miles through Cannon Hill were a bit of a slog - probably due to the late hour. At the moment I'm glad that the training is through the summer as excessive long runs in the dark would probably break me.

Tomorrow is a nice easy day helping out with the Beginners Group at club as well as fulfilling my democratic right to cast a meaningless vote in a safe seat at the General Election. At least it will give me the mandate to complain for the next five years.

Or eighteen months on current polling predictions....

No comments:

Post a Comment