Friday 1 May 2015

The Long Weekend

112 Days to Go

I've finally made it to the first Bank Holiday of May, the last week may have seemed like it lasted for  about four months, but I still made it!

So the second week of training is almost over, with only a few minor changes due to seemingly never-ending car issues (thankfully now resolved). I managed just shy of 9 miles on Wednesday before my induction into the terrifying role of Communications Officer for my running club. It's a good job I've started this blog or I would have been entirely at sea. As it stands, I think I'll be able to survive until Christmas when I have to set up some online payments - then it'll probably be best to go and hide for a few weeks.

Yesterday was a gentle run at club, about six miles at 8 minute mile pace with Rich and Stu. Rich gave me a thorough debrief of his London Marathon experience - it does get quite sobering when someone else mentions that a sub-3 hour marathon basically involves doing 6.52 per mile for 26 miles. I must admit to living somewhat in a state of blissful ignorance, probably still being on a high from last weekend's exploits so it helps to focus the mind somewhat and help to set realistic goals. 

Today I managed about 9 miles down the canals, starting at a steady pace and building up towards the end - even managing to make it up Alcester Road without embarrassing myself! All in all, a productive week - now for a day off before tackling the Sheriffhales Shuffle on Sunday. It's the second race of the Four-midables Series and after the debacle of the first one, promises to be possibly the best marshalled race in the world...


No comments:

Post a Comment