Tuesday 28 April 2015

Here we go again...

A rest day as prescribed on Monday, although I did head to the gym to try and stretch out the sore muscles after Sunday's exertions. In the evening, acting class started again for the final term. I spent ten minutes of it pretending to cook a meal in a variety of situations. As you do.

It's only the second week of training and already real life has started it's infernal meddling. The car was in for it's MOT which it unsurprisingly failed. My reaction however showed how the running has begun to obsess me - not "how much is it going to cost?" but "how am I going to manage my mid-week long effort without running home from work?". The first world problems of average club runners eh?

Today was eight miles with ten sets of 100m strides thrown in for good measure. The hardest part was finding somewhere of suitable length were I could accelerate unimpeded. Thankfully I had a brainwave of using the asphalt pitch at Cannon Hill. It worked like a charm - and with no-one around to offer a helpful critique...

Tomorrow I'll try to get some form of longish run in before I have my indoctrination into the role of Club Communications Officer. Soon all the passwords will be mine and I will control everything!

(I am aware this makes me sound like some sort of low rent Bond villain)

No comments:

Post a Comment