Wednesday 8 April 2015

A Walk in the Park

Pretty simple idea today - a three mile-ish threshold run (the ish being how far it is around Cannon Hill Park twice and then back out again). It went quite well, as I felt truly terrible by the end but didn't appear to slow down during it. I'm still running quicker than the half marathon pace that I should be doing, yet more evidence that I need to sort out my pacing pretty sharpish.

The main problem was that the unnaturally pleasant weather meant that the park was pretty much packed by the time I got there, turning the run into an obstacle course at times. Starve obsessives can attribute the slight drop in place to the points when I had to weave around oblivious walkers.

In other news, I've noticed that my increase in performance can be directly correlated to stress at work. This means that tomorrow's run with the club will probably be at a world record pace...

No comments:

Post a Comment