Thursday 9 April 2015

The Calm Before the Storm

Hit the club tonight (I must admit that I quite like the new beer garden set up at the Pavilion - not sure if it's very Bournville though) but chickened out of the rep session. It was a strength one, which usually involves shuttle runs interspersed with sit-ups. The last time I did them I ended up pulling something in my back, obviously this was my fault but it's still left me wary.

Instead I went out for a steady run with Stu and John, a nice pace and excellent timing down the canal to get to Bournville just as it was getting dark. To be honest, the long run was probably the better idea  as there won't be much activity this weekend due to heading to the Grand National for a Stag Do. The bets have been placed and the pink shirt is specially ironed.

I anticipate no more running until Monday. Just the the aftermath of a race, the recovery time from drinking is getting longer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment