Wednesday 1 April 2015

Speed Work....

Better today. 

One of the things about the training program that I'll be following for the marathon (more on which later) is the number of lactate threshold workouts (or for layman like me - running until you blow out of your arse).

As one of life's natural pessimists, the thought of these fills me with dread. Obviously this is completely irrational as I've done them before both as club training sessions or as quick runs when I have foolishly attempted to impress girls. 

So to assuage my concerns, tonight's session was a couple of miles warm up down to Cannon Hill followed by a loop around the park and back to Cecil Road as quick as possible (passing some slightly bemused club mates en route). 

To be honest it was probably too quick, even after several years the art of adequate pacing still eludes me but I felt good afterwards. I was even full of enough bravado to go back home up the Cartland Road hill.

All in all, a good session - although I expect partly fuelled by the frustration of the constant farce that is my current employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment