Monday 20 April 2015

"Nothing Important Happened Today..."

Week One - 123 Days to Go

So it begins - somewhat underwhelmingly it must be said. I wasn't expecting a fanfare, but it is slightly dispiriting to open the the Big Book of Marathon Training only to be told that the first order of business is  "Rest Day or Cross Training".

Nevertheless, if I am to succeed then the plan must be followed. So, after work it was straight down the gym for an hour. Nothing else to say really except that, sadly, my favourite gym regular - the chap who looks like an Asian Danny Glover wearing the world's shiniest tracksuit and whose entire workout consists of an hour of sit-ups - wasn't in attendance.

After that it was the Bournville Harriers AGM and then home. 'The Plan' promises actual running tomorrow, just have to survive work and the likelihood of an appearance at Kangaroo Court. I expect that in a few weeks I'll be praying for any sort of rest day so I should really enjoy them while I can.

Not the most inspiring beginning but, as the Chinese philosopher Lao Tsu said: "the longest journey begins with a single step". 

I'm not sure if he ever ran a 'Good for Age' time though...

No comments:

Post a Comment