Monday 6 April 2015

Family Business

Not much running this weekend, Easter and the end of the University term meant that a visit from the parents was in order. I don't think my constant excuses about being too busy writing essays and reading increasingly ridiculous screeds about international relations really washed so they popped down for the duration.

Running comprised of a quick five miles on Friday morning along the canal with the added incentive of making it back before they arrived. I needn't have bothered, a combination of Bank Holiday traffic and Dad's admirable refusal to pay for the toll road meant they arrived long after lunch. 

As they left on Sunday evening, I decided that Bank Holiday Monday morning would see a reasonably long running effort. In the end, several milestones were reached - not only did I manage 10 miles feeling in reasonable shape (which I wouldn't have expected after last week) but also went out in just a T-shirt for the first time this year. Spring has definitely arrived.

So overall, little running but much pleasantness. As a northerner, I am obliged to hide my feelings but there is something to be said for just sitting around and having a catch-up - even a long Sunday walk to Cannon Hill was nice. One of my great failings is not making enough time for friends and family - particularly as I owe my parents more than I could, or the above mentioned general northern taciturn nature would allow me to admit. Hopefully this weekend went some way to remedying this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment