Thursday 16 April 2015

More Hills...

The weekend's festivities caught up with me quite severely after Monday's run so the next day any thoughts of running were ditched for an early night. The joys of growing old!

So tonight run was my first one out for a couple of days. It wasn't the greatest turnout, most of the Thursday regulars were deep into tapering for marathons over the next few weeks (good luck to everyone running Manchester this Sunday) so mostly I was on my own.

The session was continuous hills and, in a pleasant sign that summer is on the way, was held at Cotteridge Park. A short course, but consistent running up and down the hills. It was also a pleasant boost after recent weeks to overtake everyone (some more than once!) - in fact I was sufficiently emboldened to contemplate a trip to Cannon Hill on Saturday morning to try my hand at Parkrun.

Of course, they say that running helps to relieve stress. If this is true then my increased performance is probably due to recent events at work. The way things are going, I could be looking at a world record time at Reykjavik...

No comments:

Post a Comment