Thursday 2 April 2015

Run to the Hills

A continuous hill rep session at the club tonight, again with a poor turnout. If I was a lesser man, I'd have developed a complex about people realising I was coming back...

One thing that it is very important to learn when running is that there is always someone quicker than you (with the possible exception of most Kenyan runners). A new chap came down tonight to try out the club. During he recovery after the first hill he mentioned that he was running the Stratford Marathon in a few weeks. After the second he told me that he ran the Birmingham Half in 1 hour 20. On the third he'd learnt the route to shot off.

I managed to just about hang on his coat tails for the final two. Admittedly he wasn't really trying, but I'll take it.

Parents tomorrow. Best get tidying.

No comments:

Post a Comment