Sunday 10 May 2015

The Morning After..

What a difference the few days since my last post have made! We've had a General Election, so as far as I know my job may already have been outsourced the lowest bidder - currently I'm sat on my Parent's sofa in a state of blissful ignorance.

My trip to the old country has been for an old friends wedding, a really pleasant day out catching up with everyone was had. The weather came good and much was consumed - as a consequence of course there was no running this weekend. This is perhaps a good thing as I think that I may have twinged a muscle during my attempt at the Sherrifhales Shuffle last week so a couple of days rest may not be the worst idea in the long run.

My last actual run was Friday morning before I set off - supposedly another 4 mile threshold session however I dropped off quite dramatically after the first mile. What was supposed to be run at half marathon pace ended up being about twenty seconds slower. I blame post-election malaise - the bloody Tories ruining my running along with everything else...

No other non-running distractions planned at weekends before the big day now (except for a couple of contractually obligated working weekends) so it's full steam ahead. Seeing some of my club mates posting some impressive short distance times much better than my current ones has awakened that pesky competitive instinct. As a result, I've taken the opportunity of a change in my work shifts to enter a cheeky 10k race in Worcester at the start of June.

I should really be doing a long run on that day, but I'll sort something out and damn the consequences...

No comments:

Post a Comment