Wednesday 5 August 2015

Overthinking...

16 Days to Go

This is already getting ridiculous, I'm only three days into the taper and I'm already climbing the walls metaphorically speaking. It certainly wasn't this bad last year. Monday's club run was a nice, steady effort - apart from the first two miles which I did at a daft pace in order to catch up with Mike and friends. Not sure why I did this - it's obviously of no benefit, and there are lots of other nice people in the club to run with!

After a day off yesterday apart from a trip to gym, tonight brought another rep session. The plan of 5 lots of 600m runs was successfully executed over at Rowheath with extra points for dodging both the showers, a man flying a kite and the inevitable group of the youth. Managed to do the 8 miles and make it back before 7 o'clock which was a rare triumph.

Despite this activity, the mind is still racing ahead to the big day. I keep catching myself checking the weather forecast for Reykjavik - which is entirely useless since the race is still over two weeks away. There's meticulous planning and then there's a descent into outright madness! Hopefully Saturday's race at Stourbridge will help to burn off some nervous energy. 

It's either that, or start planning my Iceland itinerary...


No comments:

Post a Comment