Monday 20 July 2015

Back in the Club

Week Fourteen - 32 Days to Go

Like 50 Cent almost said, tonight I was at the club for the first Monday run in about three months. I felt a bit like the new boy at school as there were lots of people who I'd never seen before in my life! Luckily, Mike Scotney was back from his holidays so I could have a bit of a catch-up and have someone to run with. I got back into the swing of things pretty quickly - mainly because the main topic of conversation was the amazing medal I received from the Windmill Half yesterday. I can see a coach trip to next year's race so that everyone else can get their hands on one...

The route itself was good old Cannon Hill Park - which I seem to run all the time with all this training. By now I'm half convinced that I could probably do it blindfolded. I was hoping for a nice easy run, but it worked out at about 7:15 pace. Mike blamed me, but I'm pretty sure he was in front for most of it! Either way, good to be back and running with a group.

Back to work tomorrow which promises to be as fun as running into a gale force headwind. Pretty sure that everyone else is off so no doubt a large pile of effluent is sat on my desk awaiting immediate action. I haven't even got leftover food from Ramadan fast breaking to look forward to! 

I would normally say what my running plans are for the rest of the week, however since I've been away all weekend and left the 'The Plan' at home, I'm not exactly sure. As I'm building to the end though, I'm not exactly expecting a pleasant surprise...

No comments:

Post a Comment