Wednesday 29 July 2015

Almost There...

23 Days to Go

I've made it to the final week of hard training before experiencing the twin dreads of any runner. On Monday it was getting lost - an impressive achievement considering there was a group of five of us and we were running in Birmingham where we all live. Still, made it back to the club having only run about two miles more than planned. Just remind me in future to ignore anyone offering an 'interesting' detour during a club run.

Tonight, brought an even worse fate - getting caught short whilst out on a run. Luckily I'd decided to do my reps over at Rowheath rather than Cannon Hill owing to the likely crowds post-cricket, so could just dip over to the Pavilion for my ablutions before resuming the 1km repeats. I don't think they were particularly quick (probably out that down to post-work malaise) but it's the thought that counts eh?

Tomorrow I think that I'll do the run home from work. It will probably be my last one for a fair old while which makes me feel a bit sad in an odd way...

As an aside, I noticed last night that there was a Reykjavik Marathon Strava group which of course I immediately joined. Sadly it was a bit underwhelming - comprising me and a bloke from Wallasey. Just hope that there's a bigger turnout on the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment