Tuesday 14 July 2015

Getting There Slowly

38 Days to Go

I made it through the weekend, not sure how but I did. The decision to try a 20 mile run after work on Sunday was admirable but completely stupid. Dragging myself along the Rea Valley path to the general bemusement of the public wasn't particularly pleasant - but at least I was sensible enough to go the opposite way round to normal so that I had to run down Church Road rather than up it.

On the plus side, I've found that mowing the lawn is a good warm-down exercise!

The weekend took it out of me so despite finishing the acting, I didn't head to the club on Monday or got the gym and instead just fell asleep for two hours. I did make the committee meeting, and it was nice to get a bit of praise for my recent results, although in a way it's putting added pressure on me for a good time.

Not much else exciting running wise this week. Some form of tootle out tomorrow, a spot of marshalling on Thursday and then a trip back up north for the weekend. I plan to have a relax and a few shandies with friends, run the second tune-up half marathon in glamorous Lytham and even have a bit of a run around the old haunts if time permits. 

Work wise, confusion still reigns. It appears that I still have a job, although I am not exactly sure what it involves anymore....

No comments:

Post a Comment