Wednesday 22 July 2015

Groundhog Day

30 Days to Go

Wednesday is usually when I run home from work as the easiest way to fit in a run of a decent distance during the week. This means that I have the following conversation with someone in the office when I walk through in my running gear on the way out:

"Off for a run are you?"
"Yep, I'm running home."
"Really? How far is that then?"
"About ten miles."
"Well good luck with that then."

Since I only have a week and a half left before the taper begins, next week will probably be the last time I do it, so the two or so people who haven't had this thrilling conversation yet should probably form an orderly queue. 

The run itself was quite good - and done at a fair old whack. I even did a cheeky extra detour to Cannon Hill to make it up to 13 miles. It's probably not surprising, considering I could hardly claim to have been overworked today - very difficult to be motivated when you've spent the day say in a windowless office on your own. Seriously, this is the second day in a row. If it happens again tomorrow I'll just assume everyone else has been sacked in the latest round of cost-cutting, or the long mooted office move has actually happened when I was off on Monday.

Worryingly, I did spend a portion of time on Street View having a look at portions of the marathon course.

This is not the behaviour of a rational man...

No comments:

Post a Comment